LaVergne High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
School Counseling » Course Selections & Scheduling

Course Selections & Scheduling

Schedule Change Requests
It is very rare to receive a schedule change after courses have been selected. Changes are typically only approved if there is an error on your schedule (missing a required class, duplicate class, etc.). We cannot change teachers, rearrange class periods, change lunches, or switch out classes you asked to take. If you believe there is a true mistake on your schedule, then please complete the form below to request a schedule change. 

LHS Pathways
Please click the link below to read detailed course descriptions and pathway layouts available at LHS.
CTE Videos
You can also watch videos on the different pathways offered at LHS by clicking the graphic above.
Course Request Information
Below are the informational videos for 2022-2023 course selection. Please view the brief video before selecting your classes. The registration link will be sent directly to your student email. Please contact your counselor if you have any questions or need assistance!
Honors Contract
We encourage all students to take the most challenging courses they are eligible to take. If a student does not meet the requirements to take honors level classes, then he/she may complete and honors contract.
Special Course Applications
Printed copies are also available in the front office. Most applications for next school year are due Feb 18, 2022. 
Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment courses are college-level courses where students receive both high school and college credit. At LHS we have two types of dual enrollment: (1) regular dual enrollment classes at LHS and (2) the Early College program (read more below). 
Students must be in the 11th or 12th grade, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, and be eligible for the dual enrollment grant to participate in dual enrollment classes. 
LHS Early College
For more information, please watch the recorded Early College Presentation.
You may contact your school counselor if you have additional questions.