LaVergne High School

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

Registration Requirements

How to Register

Student registration takes place in the La Vergne High School counseling office. To insure that your wait time is the shortest possible, you should call first (615.904.3870) and make an appointment. You should plan to arrive early to allow time to complete the necessary paperwork prior to registering/enrolling. The following items are required for the registration process:

1. Unofficial Transcript - Either an unofficial/official transcript showing all of the student’s high school credits or final report cards from each year of high school will be required to properly place your child in classes. If the student is from outside Rutherford County and does not have a transcript, the parent/guardian should contact the previous school and request that a transcript be faxed to the LHS Counseling Office at 615.904.3871.
2. Discipline Report - A written discipline report from the student's previous school is required. If the student has no discipline on file, then documentation stating "no discipline" is required.
3. IEP (if applicable) - Required for students receiving special education services. 
4. Tennessee Immunization Card – This card should already be in your student’s cumulative records if he/she has been a student in a Tennessee Public School. If not, this card can be obtained from the Rutherford County Health Department,108 David Collins Dr., Smyrna, TN (615.355.6175).

5. Proof of Physical - Required for anyone transferring from out of state, private school or a home school. Physical must be from within the last calendar year.
6. Birth Certificate 

7. Proof of Address - A utility bill, leasing agreement, deed, etc. will qualify as proof of residency. A driver’s license will not. If your family is residing with another family, an Address Affidavit must be completed & notarized. In addition, you and the person you are living with must meet with the principal before registration can take place.

8. Custody Papers - If the student’s biological parents are not married, custody papers with a judge’s signature must be provided for our files. Custody papers must also be provided in cases of foster care, state custody or a student living with someone other than a biological parent.