Good Evening LaVergne Family!
We would like to take a moment to address the potential walkouts scheduled for March 14th. We work diligently at LHS to maintain student safety and a secure campus each and every day, and we will continue to do so in preparation for this event.
- We encourage students to wear maroon in support of the 17 victims that recently lost their lives at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
- At 8:00am, a memorial service will be held by First Priority/P7 at the flag pole in honor of those 17 men, women, and children, who lost their lives on February 14th.
- After our regular morning announcements, we will be showing a video memorial to the 17 victims. The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o67rVmZF0DM
- During the first half of each lunch period, students will have the opportunity to attend a second memorial service in the auditorium, where they will view the following two videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIlmjQZUB4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifUrlyo7HU
- Students who would like to take 17 minutes of silence in memory of the shooting victims will be given the opportunity to do so during the first half of their lunch in the library.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure our students are able to express themselves in a way that does not disrupt their education or place them at risk. On March 14th we will continue to operate as we do every day, carrying out the policies and procedures our students are accustomed to. We encourage you to have a discussion with your child/children about the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School tragedy and the events that they plan to attend in memoriam of those affected by it. We hope this is an opportunity for us to come together as a community to show support for the people of Parkland, Florida as well as to show how awesome it is to be a LaVergne Wolverine!
The LHS Administration